While major corporations are eager to address climate challenges, they often lack the ideal solutions. This presents an opportunity for innovative startups to shine and gain prominence in the realm of environmental progress. Here’s a list of five venture capital firms to keep an eye on in the sustainability sector.
- Green Frontier Capital – Green Frontier Capital (GFC) is New York-based India’s first climate-tech-focused VC founded in 2020 by Sandiip Bhammer, having made investments in industry-leaders across renewable energy, food and agri tech, electric mobility, and consumer lifestyle, among others. GFC’s founding team brings decades of experience to work closely with portfolio companies in providing strategic support, policy guidance, customer access, strategic partnerships, and raising financing. Privileged deal flow and the ability to secure attractive investment terms with best-in-class green companies make GFC’s award-winning portfolio companies trailblazers in their respective sectors. One of the only climate-tech investors in India measuring their monthly SDG impact, GFC has emerged as a vital part of the early-stage climate investing landscape in India.
- Sixth Sense Ventures – Sixth Sense Ventures is India’s first domestic consumer-centric venture fund, founded by Nikhil Vora (Ex-Managing Director of IDFC Securities), who is regarded as one of the strongest analytical minds in the country. Sixth Sense has a formidable founding team that includes one of the most reputed corporate CEOs of a large domestic consumer company. Our core team has a cumulative experience of over 70 years in the wider consumer domain.
- Inflection Point Ventures– Inflection Point Ventures, with over 3300 CXOs and professionals, HNIs and Family Offices, is India’s leading angel network investing in early-to-mid-stage startups. IPV supports new-age entrepreneurs with not just capital but also uses its wide network of investors to provide startups with access to new markets, customers, guidance and mentorship. Inflection Point Ventures is democratizing angel investing with a low membership fee, the lowest investment ticket size (per investor), a transparent investment process and extensive upfront due diligence led by industry experts. IPV is industry agnostic, with a focus on committed and competent founders.
- Anicut Capital– Anicut Capital is a leading alternative investment firm based in India, dedicated to powering the growth of the country’s burgeoning startup & SME ecosystem. With a dynamic team of seasoned professionals, Anicut excels in bridging the gap between ambition and success, providing strategic insights, industry knowledge, and crucial funding. At Anicut, every investment is more than just capital; it’s a partnership for the future.
- Blume Ventures – Blume is an early-stage venture fund that backs startups with both funding as well as active mentoring. We typically invest in tech-led startups led by founders who are obsessed with solving hard problems, uniquely Indian in nature, and impacting large markets. Blume backs entrepreneurs either building to solve large impactful Indian problems or taking the best of Indian innovation to global markets. The diverse mandate extends from edtech, fintech, health, commerce and consumer internet in the former to robotics and AI to SaaS and enterprise software in the latter category.